Do you as a parent or carer at home with your children during the school shut down, feel that you need someone to talk to about how you can cope with this challenging time for families?
Birmingham Educational Psychology Service is providing a telephone helpline for any parent or carers of children, who feel they would benefit from a consultation with a psychologist to support them with any concerns arising at this time, for them or their families.
Areas of concern you may wish to discuss could include:
· Anxiety around the current situation and its impact on your children and family.
· Supporting you to support your children’s emotional needs.
· Concerns about family relationships.
· Concerns about friendships, learning, daily structure and activities.
· How to best look after yourself so you can support your children.
The concerns can be related to school or family life.
You will be offered an initial telephone consultation of 30 minutes with a psychologist and a potential follow up session of another 30-minute consultation at a later date. These will be Monday-Friday, within standard working hours.
If you would like to access this service please email: Stephanie.Bowen@birmingham.gov.uk with the following information:
· Your name
· The telephone number you would like to be contacted on.
· The name of your child’s school.
· Times and dates you are not available for a consultation.
· Whether an interpreter is required for you to access this service.
We will aim to get back to you within 2 working days to confirm a time and date for your consultation.
This service will, as far as possible, be confidential.
Click here for more information.